Wednesday, March 5, 2008

RSS: real simple!

Rss; well, I've often seen this abbreviation but have never bothered to study it and find out what it is all about. But, it's 'real simple'.  And ever so handy.  I wonder if too many irrelevant updates will be sent to me through Bloglines. But I could limit that by what I choose to subscribe to. One of my chosen 'feeds' or sites was the Librarian's Internet Index. New to me, so I've been browsing it's broad content.  Even links to job vacancies in libraries, all interesting to see what's on offer out there in the world of work options.
Another of my feeds is from National Geographic where I have found this photo taken on March 5th by caretakers at a British aquarium who recently discovered one of its newest residents, an octopus named Henry had six legs instead of eight! Perhaps we could call Henry at Hexopus?! lol

image

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Good work with RSS. Interesting to hear about the links to job vacancies in libraries.

Pat