Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wiki Who..?

After looking at all the American samples of Wikis we were directed to from the Learning 2 website, I hungered for an Australian Wiki. So I've just visited the National Library Wiki, not very exciting, but it is Australian.

I am wondering how to search for a Wiki of interest? When you do find a web location how is it easily identified as a Wiki compared to a Web page?

 Along the way I cam across 'Web links Wiki from Eastern Regional Libraries'. www.erl.vi.gov.au/wikka/wikka.php?wakka=Australia
Appears staff from this library service have been really busy developing this site for their users. Well done to them.
In my library situation, staff could develop & use a Wiki for sharing information. As could Book Club members
I found the staff procedures manual Wiki from the Antioch University New England Library looked most helpful. As a casual employee myself, it would really handy to be able to click on a policy for up to date help while at the circulation desk.

Happy Easter       

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Welcome back and thanks for your thoughts on Wikis.
Kathleen A