Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Youtube & other Videos Online

Browsing through the myriad of Youtube videos available for open viewing I felt disappointed. Not only due to the vast quantity of poor quality videos but also the lack of substance contained in many of these videos. Why do people want to post such seemingly worthless videos, it takes time to embed the videos so I'm assuming these people don't have much to occupy themselves with.

It wasn't all without joy though. I was smirking and chuckling at some of the popular funny videos and happy to share them with my family.

For learning purposes I created my own account and uploaded a couple of my short videos that some would no doubt say 'what a waste of time' about. I note they have been viewed, as have my Flickr photos (many times). I wonder who looks at them and what they think. It would be good to know where they are being viewed and by whom, & what were they looking for when they came across my meagre contributions.

I came across a Youtube library induction video for new staff.  Also, a Youtube promoting library services. (Both American). A funny one was from the National Library of Australia showing staff performing a Christmas skit.

No comments: